"VOTED # 1 BEST WEDDING DJ - LOS ANGELES HOT LIST"
" 8 TIME WINNER - WEDDINGWIRE COUPLES CHOICE AWARD "
Voted #1 Best Wedding DJ L A HOT LIST
Get the wedding you always wanted with an experienced wedding DJ event entertainer like Phil Birdsell. He has been a full time professional event entertainer in the music business for over 25 years as a Singer, Wedding DJ, Event Entertainer, MC and Musician. His personal experience includes DJ’ing and entertaining at over 6,000 Weddings, Anniversaries, Corporate Events, Birthdays, and Private Parties all over the United States & Southern California.
Brides & Couples Choice Awards EIGHT Years In A Row
With over 100 Five star reviews on Wedding Wire and nothing but Five star reviews all over the internet it is obvious that event entertainer Phil Birdsell knows how to "Make It Happen" for your Reno/Lake Tahoe Wedding! He takes the stress and worry out and puts the fun and excitement in with a classy and elegant style. The time and personal touch that Phil puts into making your wedding unique and perfect for you is beyond compare. His business is fully licensed and insured and his value always exceeds his price.
Masterful DJ Services
* Wedding Packages *
ALL PACKAGES INCLUDE:
Music Search, Studio & Recording Time
Wardrobe to Compliment Your Event
All Set-Up and Breakdown Time
Business License & Liability Insurance
25+ Years Professional Experience
THE CEREMONY PACKAGE - $450*
If booked by the end of this month - $350*
All Planning Time & Coordinating Services Personalized DJ & MC Services for: Seating of the Guests Seating of Parents Groom & Officiant Entrance Attendant’s Procession Bridal Procession Ceremonial Music Recessional Music
Professional Sound System Microphone for Officiant, Bride & Groom Customized Great Sounding Music
THE GOLD PACKAGE-$1500*
If booked by the end of this month - $1200* Hour Reception
4 Hour Reception Time
Personalized DJ & MC Services for: The Grand Entrance, First Dance, & Toast Father Daughter Dance & Mother Son Dance Couples Dance, Money Dance? Cake Cutting & Throwing the Bouquet Taking off the Garter All Dance & Party Music, Special Requests The Last Dance All Planning Time & Coordinating Professional Sound System (w/backup) Cordless Microphone for Toasts Customized Great Sounding Music for: Cocktails, Dinner, Dancing & Party Music Second DJ/Assistant
THE PLATINUM PACKAGE- $1900*
If booked by the end of this month - $1500*
5 Hour Reception Time
Personalized DJ & MC Services for: The Grand Entrance, First Dance, & Toast Father Daughter Dance & Mother Son Dance Couples Dance, Money Dance? Cake Cutting & Throwing the Bouquet Taking off the Garter All Dance & Party Music, Special Requests The Last Dance All Planning Time & Event Coordinating Services Professional Sound System (w/backup)Cordless Microphone for ToastsCustomized Great Sounding Music for:Cocktails, Dinner, Dancing & Party Music Second DJ/Assistant
THE ULTIMATE PACKAGE-$2450*
If booked by the end of this month $1950* Unlimited Hours Reception
Personalized DJ & MC Services for: The Grand Entrance, First Dance, & Toast Father Daughter Dance & Mother Son Dance Couples Dance, Money Dance? Cake Cutting & Throwing the Bouquet Taking off the Garter, All Dance & Party Music Special Requests, The Last Dance All Planning Time & Event Coordinating Services Professional Sound System Cordless Microphone for Toasts Customized Great Sounding Music for: Ceremony, Cocktails, Dinner & Dance Party Second DJ/Assistant
LIVE VOCAL BLENDING ADDED TO ANY PACKAGE AT NO EXTRA CHARGE !!!!
1. Are You Insured? Absolutely! Insurance is a part of any legitimate business. Liability andcasualty policies protect you, your guests, and the DJ company.
2. Are we guaranteed that you will be our DJ? Absolutely! Unlike the companies with multiple DJ’s, I will Personally talk with you, meet with you, consult and plan with you, advise you and help you choose your wedding music. I will be your DJ/MC at yourwedding, with an assistant, if necessary or desired.
3. What do you charge to secure the date? Approximately one third of the total price.
4. Are you a full time DJ or is this something you do on the side? Definitely Full Time! I have been a full time DJ and Entertainer for over 20 years. I personally, have DJ/Entertained over 6,000 Weddings, Private and Corporate Events.
5. Do you charge extra for travel? In most cases I will travel 45 minutes from the Reno area at no extra charge. Rates for travel outside these areas vary, depending upon destination.
6. Will you emcee the event? Of Course! This is the responsibility of a professional DJ.
7. Do you provide a demo tape or video? No, I customize your wedding and reception, with you, to uniquely fit your taste and personality. If I showed you a video that wasn’t your style or taste in music, it wouldn’t be in my best interest. Think about it, if a DJ did something wrong at a past wedding... it certainly won’t be on the tape you receive from him. Instead I provide references.
8. Do you take requests? Certainly! As long as the request is appropriate for the event. If a song seems inappropriate for an event, a good DJ will explain the reason and ask for an alternative selection. (this is at the Bride & Grooms discretion)
9. What type of equipment do you use? I use quality professional D.J. gear. Such as: Bose, Shure, Yamaha, American DJ and Vertual DJ etc. etc. My equipment is serviced and maintained to ensure a smooth performance and nice appearance. Also, I always have a back-up system with me.
10. What type of music do you play? I have a very extensive library, which continues to grow. Included in my library are: Pop, Rock, Country, Oldies, Standards, Hip Hop, Soul, Swing Funk, Latin, Salsa, Merengue, Banda, Cumbia, Motown, Disco, Big Band Ballroom Dance, Reggae, Jazz, Classical, R & B and Top 40. (you name it!)
11. May we call your references? Yes, at our consultation I will be happy to provide you with names and phone numbers.
12.Do you belong to any professional associations or trade groups? I have been a member of the American Disc Jockey Association and the National Association for Catering and Events for many years.
13. Do you take breaks? Not on your time. Unlike live musicians who need several rest breaks my services are non-stop throughout your event.
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT DJ PRICING? In post event surveys, clients stated that the contribution provided by the DJ made towards the overall success of their special event was 85%! Whether it was a Wedding Reception, Corporate Event, or Private Party, its SUCCESS or FAILURE depends upon the quality of services you receive from your Disc Jockey. They’re entertainment driven events.
Even though food, photos, and decor are important, these items are pale in comparison to the overall success of your event! The D.J. Entertainer is the difference between a Great Event or, just another social gathering.
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU PAY FOR YOUR DISC JOCKEY? You will find that professional disc jockeys will range from $350.00 to over $5,000.00 with an average of $1,200.00 for a 4 hour booking. The best price is not always the best deal, especially if you are planning a wedding. As a matter of fact, surveys conclude that nearly 100% of brides would have spent more money on their entertainment and made it their #1 priority in hindsight.
A full-service disc jockey company will normally invest 12 to 30 hours to your special event but it may appear that you are only paying for "4 hours". Consultations, music purchasing & editing, preparation, set-up and tear-down, education and other business related endeavors add up to the overall success of your special occasion.
WHY IS THERE SUCH A WIDE RANGE IN DJ PRICING? 1. They don’t offer all the services a true professional Disc Jockey will. This means, using home or inferior stereo equipment, a limited music library, no back-up equipment, little or no advance planning... which leads to major problems at your Wedding Reception, Corporate event, or Private Party.
2. Most “D.J.’s” have absolutely no training. They figure if they can play a CD...then they can run any parties or special events. Which could be one of the most important days of your life, maybe YOUR WEDDING!
3. The D.J. industry is full of people looking to make an extra buck. Their focus is on their real job during the week. If they mess up your event, neglect to show up, or give a very average performance, they have nothing to lose. They still will get their real paycheck every two weeks.
* Wedding Outlines *
For Your Ceremony...
In Church, Outside or Garden. I carefully plan with you for all special music for...
1. Your Pre-Wedding Music 2. Your Bridal Party Processional Music 3. Your Bridal Processional Music 4. Any Special Song During Ceremony 5. Your Recessional Music
For Your Reception...
1. Cocktail Music 2. Your Grand Entrance Music 3. Music for Your 1st Dance 4. Dinner Music 5. Father-Daughter Dance 6. Mother-Son Dance 7. Couples Dance (who's married the longest?) 8. Everybody Dance & Party Music 9. Music for Money or Honor Dance 10. Cake Cutting Music 12. Girls for the Bouquet Toss Music 13. Guys for the Garter Music 14. Your Last Dance Song 16. Exit Music (if you leave before your guests)
I emcee and make all announcements so your guests clearly understand the festivities about to take place. I provide non-stop music during your reception from romantic ballads to high energy dance music. I always dress to compliment you event, usually tuxedo.(the exception would be for theme receptions)